Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday

It's been such a long week. I can't believe it's only Thursday.

I think I've finished editing my project. At least it's as finished as it needed to be for this week. The presentation is tomorrow and there may be changes once the board has a look at it, but that's next week. I am generating a DVD file as I type.

Rehearsals are still going full tilt 7 days a week with no signs of a break before going into the theatre. Hopefully I will be able to get a little rest on the weekend and revisit my life a little bit. I've never looked forward to the end of a show so much in my life. In fact I don't remember ever looking forward to the end of a show. Most other schedules allow at least one day off a week. If it sounds like I'm being critical...I am!

Our lights, timer, and skimmer arrived today. Some day when I have time I will finish building the canopy that the lights go in. The four little Mollies seem to be adapting to their environment well enough. One is a little antisocial and stays down by the bottom of the tank, which makes me wonder if it is still too stressed out. Darrell brought some live rock and sand back from his trip to Fredericton on Tuesday, so it's addition caused some additional stress to the inhabitants. We have decided that we are not going to go with the clown fish and anemonies after all. Too much of our research has indicated that keeping anemonies is really just an excercise in watching a 60 dollar creature die, plus most of the other fish we wanted are not compatible. We've decided to get an eel, a lion fish, a trigger fish (maybe two), a Tang (Maybe two), and a puffer fish... plus some nice corrals. It has the potential to be an agressive tank, but if everything is established at the same time territorial disputes won't be that bad. Of course once the lion fish is in there, we won't be sticking our hands in the tank. I've never been stung by one so I'll take it on advisement that it hurts and try not to experience it for myself.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sunday shouldn't be too bad, since it's just the band and no dancing. ^_^ Although, I have to admit; I'd almost rather dance every time we sing at this stage!

That bit of Tomorrow you boys did last night sounded really good, btw. ^_^

Blaine Le Roy said...

I think I'm just feeling it more right now because the schedule was so light to begin with. In other musicals it's been full schedule for me from the get go so that rehearsal fatigue sets in in the first month and I get used to it. But I still think we could all use a break... especially cast members like Kelly who comes in from sussex to work in the morning and then has to stay uptown until rehearsals are over drive back to sussex usually around ten. She has a family at home... I'm sure she would probably like to spend a day with them this month.