Thursday, May 17, 2007

On With the Show this is it!

Opening night tonight. Last night's dress rehearsal for the students was okay for a dress rehearsal. There weren't any major flubs or blunders. I completely blew a line, but of all the lines to blow that was the perfect one. I accidentally called Keith Bobby instead of Victor when I intoduced them, but the joke in the opening number is that there's only one way tot ell the difference between us... soooo my screw up basically just played into the previous joke. Luckily Darrell & Mike were there taping the entire night so I will always have it as a reminder.

The student audience always reacts differently than the regular audience, because they don't always get some of the jokes, and they laugh at things the regular audience doesn't....so tonight it will be a completely different reaction to the same stuff. There will laughs in different places but hopefully tonight's crowd will react to the last scene of act one in the exact same way the kids did. It's kind of hard for Chad since he's really hanging out there, but at the same time, it means he really sold the role so he should take it as a compliment. But that's as much as I'm willing say about that since saying more would give it all away...and what fun would that be?

I'm really looking forward to tonight. I kind of wish there would be someon in the lobby counting how many people get offended and leave.

I took the morning off to rest up for tonight. Unfortunately my system is all screwed up so I couldn't sleep in. But I did take it easy, had a long bath, cleaned the kitchen, and made a great big chicken and veggie stirfry with brown rice... so I would have a fairly healthy dinner for the next couple days.

No comments: