Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Long daze ahead

I took yesterday off to try and recooperate from a very long cue to cue that went until midnight on Monday. Little did I know that even though tech was finished by 11 last night we would be there until 12:30 for notes... otherwise I would have taken today off instead. So needless to say very tired and cranky today.

The fish order arrived at the airport yesterday. I didn't get to see it until I got home since it arrived after I left for the theatre. By the time I got home only the moonlight was on so I really couldn't see much except the large yellow tang. This morning I saw some of the new occupants, but a couple remained hidden. I can't wait until I have a day when I can just kick back and relax and stare at the tank. I kind of did that yesterday during the day and it was so relaxing just watching the fish swim around and listening to the trickling of the filters etc... a very zen experience.

We had one fatality in transit, a small cleaner shrimp just couldn't take all the stress. There is one crab who remains questionable, so we have our fingers crossed he will endure and in a very peaceful tank he will recover.

Darrell shot some video of the occupants














Last night's rehearsal was pretty good. Brian Goodwin took some fantasic pictures of everyone onstage and the show has an awsome look to it. Our student dress rehearsal is tonight and Darrell and Mike will be there shooting video of the entire thing, so I can make a DVD copy of the show. We'll figure out what the expenses will be on the DVD's etc so we can offer it to the cast and crew at a price that covers off the cost it'll probably be in the $20 range depending on the length of the show.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

The fish look great! We only had fish in our tank for about a month 4 years ago. Anthony keeps saying he's going to do something with it, and I keep waiting... ^_^

The pics did look great! I'm excited to see everyone in hair and make up!

Anonymous said...

Break a leg! I expect to be going to two of the shows possibly three. I heard the piece on the radio today it sounded great! I actually drove around an extra ten minutes just so I could hear the whole clip. The set is awesome too. I got to see it Monday morning.
cheers,

Gilbert

Blaine Le Roy said...

Make sure youcome backstage and say hi at least one of those days Gilbert.