Monday, May 14, 2007

Anniversaries

Today is day for some pretty big anniversaries in my life. It was nine years ago today that Darrell and I got together for the first time. He then proceeded to head back to Ontario, but we kept in touch via e-mail and ICQ... then three months later we both moved out to Saint John Together. Something we did then and still do today is sign our e-mails with 143 A numeric I love you ( 1- letter in I, 4 - Letters in love, 3 - Letters in You)it's significant because..... 8 years ago today my donor bone marrow was transplanted into me in Halifax, NS on the eighth floor of the QE2 Health sciences center in Room 143.... yes that's right 143. Incidentally that's the day I quit smoking as well.... can't smoke when you're confined to an issolation room for 28 days... and once you've gone that long there's no point starting again. So as of today Darrell and I have been together 9 years, and I have been leukemia & Smoke free for 8 years..... some pretty big anniversaries today.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversaries Blaine! ^_^