Monday, May 21, 2007

ooooh my head!!

There was no fat lady, but it's over. We wrapped Cabaret with a fantastic Sunday Matinee. A fairly good sized crowd for a matinee and extremely appreciative and responsive. It was a pretty bow on a beautiful package. I had a blast all weekend doing this show. It's funny how in rehearsals directors always tell you to give performance level everytime, and you give it all you got... but everytime you add something like the band, or the theatre, the set... the level goes up a little bit... then the audience comes and you find even more that you never knew was there. I feel very lucky to have been a part of this show, and to get to work with and nurture friendships with such talented and fun people. I'm also lucky in that nearly every time I do a show I feel like... "This is the best theatre experience I've ever had" and that means it just keeps getting better and better.... and this was no exception... this was, pants down, my best show yet.

I have Shakespeare coming up in the fall and am looking forward to trying something new. I've never been into Shakespeare before so it will be a unique challenge. I'm also trying to cook up an animation collaboration that should keep me fairly busy if it all works out.... fingers crossed.

I am exhausted and hung over from a fantastic run, topped off by a stallar cast party that started for me around 7pm (well if you count all the wine and champagne that was circulating during the matinee backstage... it actually started around 2pm) and ended in the wee hours around 5. Once I get caught up on my sleep I'm really going to miss everyone, and feel like I suddenly have too much time on my hands I'm sure.

Luckily I will get to revisit the entire thing very soon when I edit the footage Darrell & Mike shot from our dress rehearsal (It figures that would be the night I screwed up one of my lines)and compile stuff into a DVD. Hopefully things at the office will slow down enough that I can get to work on that very soon.

So until then... The time now is finished.... Go Home.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see the footage! ^_^

Blaine Le Roy said...

I can't wait to see it either. I deliberately didn't look before, because I didn't want it to change the way I performed the part at all.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the fat lady who sang....

Everyone did such an incredible job on this show, I'm absolutely humbled. Can't wait to relive it on screen!!! Thanks for getting the boys record it. Was just talking to Mike and he's already making plans for how to shoot the next one...

Kelly

Blaine Le Roy said...

AMazing how excited Mike got about the thought of shooting the next one. He didn't get that way after Guys & Dolls... I wonder if the costumes had anything to do with it.

YOU ARE NOT THE FAT LADY!!!!