Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend

Yet another weekend spent covered in sawdust.

Darrell and Mike got back Friday afternoon and we closed up early. Darrell and I went out to the Blue Olive Friday night to meet up with BErtis, Chad & Nancey, and Brian & Helen to cheer on Kizzy with OPA. It was lot of fun and I even witnessed a miracle.... Brian danced.

Saturday I had a Cabaret rehearsal in the morning. We went over all the songs we've learned to date. The waiters Quartett is starting to sound pretty good, it's got a fwe bugs to work out still but all in all it sounds alright. After rehearsal I went to Cora's with Kizzy. It was my first time there, and the food was really good, a bit on the pricey side, but really good. I didn't make it to the Dance collective thingy at the Imperial, because I had a bunch of other things that had to get done. We also didn't make it to the Home Show. I spent the rest of Saturday working onthe cabinet. I got all the cutting I couldn't do while Darrell was away done and spent a little while sanding.

Sunday I got up fairly early after being up quite late, so I was pretty tired. I threw on my work clothes and headed back to the basement where I started sanding, and sanding, and sanding... glued the boards for the top together, then did some sanding, and a little more sanding. We were going to go to the Home Show in the afternoon since we couldn't make it Saturday, but we were only luke warm about the idea to begin with, and since I was already really into what I was doing we didn't go. Darrell picked up a boring bit for the drill press at Canadian Tire and he installed the hinge hardware onthe cabinet doors. Then we attached them to the front panel. I also picked up the screws for the drawer runners and marked the drawers for where they will go, then I finished up with a little more...you guessed it... sanding. My hands feel really smooth and soft today because of it. That's right ladies... to hell with a manicure that abrasive sand paper is a great exfoliator.

The cabinet is at a really exciting place for me now, because I can actually put most of it together and see what it's going to look like finished. Tonight I'm attaching the front Pannel to the base. I would've done it last night, but gluing the top took all my clamps.

The house is just filthy.

No comments: