Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday

I didn't make it out to the auditions for Shakespeare last week, but Elisabeth was nice enough to set aside some time yesterday afternoon, for me to read. I' m not really a shakspeare buff so it was interesting trying to decode it and then speak the lines, but I thinkI did okay.

I got the left side panel glued onto the cabinet last night. I made an annoying mistake that is making the whole thing a little more difficult than it has be. I glued the corner posts right onto the front panel, instead of gluing the front and sides in place and then adding the corner posts to really cinch things up. Now the joints for the front and sides are really tight and require some whacking with the rubber mallet. This is my first real project that uses all our tools, and it's been a very long time since I've built a piece of furniture... in fact I'd have to say I haven't done it since Junior High, so I'm finding that as I go, I'm re-remembering things. Unfortunately some times the re-remembering comes after the screw up, but all in all it's been really good experience and I find myself wanting to just go out and buy more wood and build more things.

No comments: