Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hours of Sanding Ahead

I got quite a bit of gluing done yesterday morning while waiting for the tax assessor to arrive. I don't know if calling them in was a good thing or a bad one. She made lots of notes about the work we've done around the house... most notably the new floors. She also made a note of all the services that aren't available at our end of the road, so hopefully that will be a mark in our favour. I doubt our tax assessment will go down though, and it's a given that next year it will go up again. Hopefully it won't be a big a jump. Last year our house was assessed at 118 thousand which is a small jump from what we paid for it. This year however they assessed it at 131 thousand... a 13 thousand dollar jump in one year... what the hell?

Darrell and Mike get back on Friday afternoon... yay. I think Darrell's computer knows it's me and not him trying to capture all the tapes from last weeks shoots, becuase it's making life hell for me. I'll get almost to the end of a batch capture list and then the bloody thing will crash.....argh.

After work yesterday I got back to work on my cabinet. All the pieces I glued were set up pretty good so I put all the exterior walls up in the base to see how everything fit together. Nothing is fastened yet....there's still about three days of sanding before that happens, and I have to make a couple dado cuts on the front panel for the interior walls.

Looks good so far, Ja?

Cabinet walls

The back panel & bottom piece are oak plywood and are alittle lighter in colour it seems. Hopefully the poly will bring out the grains and make them look like the solid wood.

Cabinet walls

It's so cool to finally start seeing the whole thing come together. It's going to be a beautiful piece of furniture when it's done. I won't be getting much done it tonight though... I actually have a rehearsal for Cabaret. My rehearsals so far have bee very few and far between, so I don't really feel like the show has actually started yet. There's still a whole bunch of people on the cast I don't even know yet. I haven't even met the person playing Sally.

No comments: