Thursday, March 08, 2007

So Fun Last Night!

Last night's first read through for Cabaret was hilarious. A lot of it was from speaking the songs instead of singing them, but there were also some very funny moments in the dialog. It's a cast and crew of really fun people so I can't wait to roll up my sleeves and get to it. I am playing waiter/Cabaret boy Bobby, and he's going to be a scream to play. He even has lines... who would've thought? Darrell said he was glad I didn't get the part of Emcee because the part was to "GAY", wait until he gets a load of Bobby.

I got a call last night that I have an appointment with my Doctor at his Moncton Clinic next week, I'm not going to Halifax anymore because the pharmacy there cut me off, so I had to go in and get blood work done this morning. I hate going for blood work, not that I'm afraid of needles or anything like that, I basically got over all that by the time I was ten. I just hate going in because it's such a long process. You have to stand in line and register at the front desk now, then stand in line and register at the blood lab and get your number, then sit in a waiting room full of people for an hour, then when your number is finally called you get moved to another waiting area where you sit waiting for the next available chair before finally getting your blood taken. They're generally pretty good at St. Joe's, but the one I had taking my blood this morning must've been having an off day because she wasn't holding the thing steady so everytime she changed viles I got an extra jab when she took it off and then again when she put the new one on... it was unpleasant. For me the worst part is the waiting room... I hate sitting there waiting for them to call my number, it's almost like winning the lottery when they finally do... some prize! But there's inevitably always that person who chooses to sit directly across from me and start telling me everything that's wrong with them. I must have one of those faces or something, because they zero in on me like seagulls to a piece of bread. I mean come on... when I ask an aquaintence how they're doing it's just to be polite... I don't actually want them to start telling me... so imagine how I must feel when a complete stranger perches across from me and launches into their medical history. There's always that one woman who goes on and on about all the tests she's had because the doctors just don't know what's wrong with her, and she wears it like a badge, which indicates to me that the doctors can't find anything wrong with her becuase there isn't anything wrong with her aside from a chronic case of hypochondria. Of course you have to just be polite and knod and smile and give that empathetic look and a reassuring word or two that they'll figure it out...OMG!!! I so hate going to the blood lab!!!!

Sadly I've had to go once a month for the past 9 years and that won't be changing in the near future.

No comments: