Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday

Today is Friday, but I think I'll skip the feast this time.

Yesterday after work Mike was kind enough to take me over to Kent in his truck so I could get my oak plywood, for the bottom and back of the stand. Since I had him there I got a bunch of 2x4s as well. We want to build some shelves in the little room downstairs where the freezer is. ("in the little room downstairs" how Elton John is that???)

I got a fair chunk done on the stand last night. I dado'd out all the cuts for the bottom molding. It was a big job and took a awhile, since the plate on our table saw doesn't have a very large opening so I can only get 3 of the dado blades on for a 3/8 s cut. Now there are little ridges all over the face of the boards where multiple cuts were made to clear a large piece....lots of sanding. I also got the edges routered on the board before calling it a night.

This weekend we were thinking of going up to Moncton for the home show, but Darrell & Mike are going to be in Portsmouth all next week shooting so I have to try and get all my heavy cutting etc done on my stand... anything that will require one of the big tools needs to be done this weekend so I can spend the week gluing and sanding etc. We never use the big tools when we're alone at home, so short of calling someone up to come hang out while I work, the only solution is to get all the big stuff done this weekend and spend next week on little things. I want to get as much of this thing done this week as I can because so far my rehearsal shedule for Cabaret is very very very light... I only have 4 rehearsals for the rest of this month (so far.. that could change). Next month is another story all together, and time will quickly start becoming a rare comodity.

No comments: