Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday March 02. 2007

Appetizer
What does the color pink make you think of?
Breast Cancer... because of the pink ribbon canpaign and the constant advertising when I see pink that's the first thing I think of.

Soup
Name something you thought you had lost, but later found.
I had a floppy disk with a journal I kept in the Hospital during my Bone Marrow transplant, and thought it had been lost or accidentally thrown out but I came across it in a box a month or two after we moved.

Salad
In 3 words, describe this past week.
Typical, Kinda Boring.

Main Course
What are you obsessed with?
At the moment I'm obsessed with a few things.
1) My daily workout.
2) Trying to alter my diet
3) Melissa Ethridge Music - Lately she's just been rubbing me the right way, so I need my daily fix of "Come to My Window", "Angels Will Fall", "Bring Me Some Water", "Like the Way I do", "I Wanna Come Over", & "Inconvenient Truth" (Not all at once but spaced out with other music filling in the gap throughout the day)

Sidebar: Darrell's new musical obsession is: Dixie Chick - "Not ready to Make Nice" & "Goodbye Earl", Melissa Ethridge - "Inconvenient Truth", & Andrea Bocelli - "Because we Believe"... He has these on the same CD along with a few Blue grass tunes from Shanklin Road, some Train, and a couple other songs... an odder mix of musical genres you have never heard before. But hey I must be having an effect on him... Andrea Bocelli is on the list

Dessert
What kind of perfume or cologne do you like to wear?
I don't normally wear cologne or perfume. Most places now are scent free because it makes other people (myself occassionally) sneeze. I do have a bottle of Drakkar Noir in the medicine Cabinet that I put on every now and then.

8 comments:

mare said...

i like your thing that was lost and then found :)

happy friday! woot! weekend!!!

mare said...

should add the reason why i like the story - because you were around to find it! :D

Anonymous said...

*drool* LOVE Drakkar Noir!

I'm so glad you found your floppy disk - there's nothing worse than losing a journal.

And did I mention that I love Drakkar Noir? Yes? *grin*

Hootin Anni said...

Delicious feast once again!

I like 'Come to my Window' by Melissa Ethridge myself. She has a wonderful voice.

The cologne you wear occasionally is quite popular here too.

Thanks for the visit today, and have a wonderful weekend. See you next week.

Anonymous said...

You had a bone marrow transplant?

Blaine Le Roy said...

yup! Will be eight years ago on May 14th.

Anonymous said...

the campaign on breast cancer surely works w/ a pink ribbon...

good that u found ur floppy disk! and those songs are nice...

happy friday!!!

Rob Carr said...

I've been known to OD on a song or two, especially when I'm in a funk. Melissa's got some good music to obsess to!

Lately, it's been KT Tunstall and the Fray. Not sure why....

I'd have freaked over the loss of something like a Bone Marrow Transplant journal! That would be priceless. I'm glad you found it.