Thursday, February 01, 2007

ARGH!

I ended up taking Tuesday and Wednesday off. This flu has been very nasty so far, the fever associated with it keeps recurring. I'll feeel great for most of the day then end up with the chills later on.

I haven't been to the gym since last Friday as a result, and have opted to take a pass today as well, since I'm not 100% or even 80 for that matter.

The two days I took off I followed the diet plan laid out in the Burn Fat Feed muscle book and holy crap I've never eaten that much food in a day in my entire life. I could only manage to do five meals each day because there aren't really enough hours in my day to fit in the sixth unless I start getting up super super early ... and that ain't happening. I figured out my maintenance calorie level to be 2466 per day and my fat burn level to be 1900. So I will need to do three days of 1900 and one at 2466, then continue cycling them. Then I had to divide all that by the number of meals per day to get portion size, and then I had to factor in the macronutrient ratios ie: 50% Complex Carbs (Starchy carbs like rice or Potatoes combined with fibrous carbs... vegetables), 30% lean protien (chicken, trimmed pork, fish (not an option since Darrell's alergic)), 20% Fat (Ideally essential fats containing omega 3 and six like Olive Oil, Hemp Oil, Flax oil, nuts, or oily fish (Again not an option)).

Once you figure all that out and come up with four meals at 400 calories and one at 300 you are talking about a lot of food. It's actaully amazing how much you have to eat when you're eating the proper things, but you don't end up feeling bloated, you have awsome energy all day long, and you don't get cravings at night in front of the TV because you're bored.

I'm not quite ready to throw myself completely onto this plan yet, because it is going to take some serious planning and frequent trips to the grocery store to pull it off, so I have to sit down and make a menu, buy some essentials, and really figure out exactly how to aproach it the most effeicient way possible... because you can't just wing it... that would be impossible.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yes, you don't want to over do it just yet. Since you've been so sick, an extra day or so couldn't hurt to baby yourself.

I'm likely going to the first set of auditions tonight and then the dance auditions Thursday. Maybe I'll see you Thursday. :)