Monday, February 26, 2007

Good weekend.

The week ended really badly for me, but I was over it by Saturday evening. Darrell was thrilled I didn't get the part, and had been secretly hoping I wouldn't the entire time I prepared for it.. something about it being too gay (whatever that means) or something equally stupid and insecure. I'll file it away for now and throw it in his face when we're arguing about something else in the future.

It was a pretty quiet and uneventful weekend full of home improvement and property flipping shows on TLC and HGTV. Darrell built a platform on the stairs so he could get up and have alook at the motor for our Heat Recovery Unit. When we bought the place we were told it was dying and would need to be replaced, but it looks more like the unit only needs a good cleaning, so that will be next weekends project. We also put down a tarp and repotted some plants (Anyone whose been over knows that isn't a small job).

I talked to Nan (that's what I call my grandmother) and she's doing really well. They removed her staples and she is walking a lot more now... still taking it easy though. Aparently half the family in Williams Lake is stapled up for one reason or another. My aunt had a hystorectomy and my cousin had to have some scar tissue or growths removed from a previous surgery. My cousin has a weird skin skin that makes her break out in a rash and infection if she wears metal other than gold so a few days after her operation she had to go back in and have the staples taken out and stiches put in because they started festering up and getting infected.

Sunday night we were one of the ten houses in North America that wasn't watching the Oscars, we could both care less about awards shows. You didn't have to watch to know that Jennifer Hudson won best supporting actress for her role in Dream Girls... not bad for an American Idol reject. Especially considering the best Kelly Clarkson can seem to do is a guest appearance on Reba. Whose out of their depth now Simon?

There was a new episode of Heroes on, which is odd since it's usually on on Mondays. I hope they aren't going to start changing the day like they have a tendency to do with new shows. That drives me right around the bend... you just get used to a viewing schedule and then for no apparent reason what so ever they take your favroite Monday night show and put on against your favourite Sunday night show. Thank god for satellite Tv and time shifting. Last night's episode was really good but dealt with only one storyline... I won't say more than that because I don't want to spoil it for Mare & Lisa.

For some reason my brain wouldn't quiet down and let me sleep last night so I ended up on the couch with a Stephen King novel until about 4am, I'm super tired today and bound to be bitchy as hell by the end of the day.

No comments: