Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Auditions

I went to auditions for Cabaret last night and there was a pretty good turn out. I saw Kizzy, Kristi, Lisa (used to be Anthony), June Garnett, Harry Cross, Scott Green, Adam Masson, and whole bunch of others I haven't seen in a while and some new faces as well.

I walked over from the office in the extreme cold, so when I got there I had spent about ten minutes hacking up a lung before I felt better again. The singing portion of the evening went okay. I wasn't 100%, but I think I put out some power even though I felt scratchy. All in all I think it was alright... it is, after all just the first round of auditions, and Stephen has heard me sing a time or two before when I have been 100% so hopefully he will fill in the any blanks that may have been there thanks to the scratchy throat. I did my scene with Scott Green and it also went well, so all in all I'd have to say I feel pretty good about it... well as good as I ever feel about auditioning for things.

When I got home I couldn't sleep because I had the entire score from the show rattling around and around in my brain so I went out into the living room and started reading the Da Vince Code. I got the movie for Christmas and wasn't sure whether to read the book first or watch the movie first. I opted for the Movie first because generally if the book is really great you are always disapointed with the movie because they can't cover everything a book can. After a few chapters I found myself wanting to drift off so I closed the cover and went to bed. I wasn't drifting because I wasn't interested in the book, on the contrary it is really good from the get go so far, I was just really tired and once I finally switched my brain out of excited Cabaret mode my eyes wanted to close.

That's always the risk I take when I opt to calm my mind with a book, because if it's really good I can actually start forcing myself awake to read just one more chapter... well one more chapter.. and then before you know it it's four in the morning and your halfway through a novel you just cracked the spine on earlier.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Stephen has seen you strut your stuff a number of times; I'm sure you don't have to worry.

Lots of competition all around though. I think its going to end up being a great show whoever is cast. ^_^

Blaine Le Roy said...

I can't wait to get started on it... I know it's going to be a lot of fun.

mare said...

i really hope i get to be a part of it, but the competition is something fierce. i'm sure you did great.

see you at dance auditions tomorrow!