Monday, January 29, 2007

The Weekend

The weekend started off not so good. I went into work on Friday because I was feeling better and decided I might feel even better if I went to the gym for a run... big mistake. When you are sick stay sick and get rest not excercise. My legs rebelled completely and I wasn't even able to get through a quarter mile running. I opted instead for a 40 minute walk on the treadmill and some time in the sauna (the heat felt really good). Near the end of the day my fever returned and I spent the rest of Friday shivering on the couch under a blanket. Thursday we had stopped into Blockbuster and bought some DVD's. Darrell wanted to rent "An Inconvenient Truth" by (should have been president of the United States) Al Gore but ended up buying a copy instead, and I picked up four previously veiweds for $20. So Friday night I wrapped up tight in my Blankie and Watched "Failure to Launch". It was a fairly good movie but I'm glad I only paid five dollars for it.

We watched "An Inconvenient Truth" on Thursday night and it was extremely eye opening. It really is too bad the Repulicans stole that election because I bet Al Gore would have been one of the greatest Presidents the US ever had. Oh.. in case you don't know "An Inconvenient Truth" is about Global Warming and well worth seeing if you haven't already... Like I said it's a real eye opener.

Saturday we had Helen's Birthday Party at our place. I made a roast beef dinner for seven with twice baked Potatoes and stir fried Veggies. Nancy made sex in a pan for desert (sooooooooooo yummy), she and Chad also brought the Boney M & Scissor Sisters DVDs (it was an Abba/disco party. Ironically we didn't get to Abba until everyone was leaving), and Bertis made the Birthday cake (triple layer chocolate cake with Chocolate cream cheese & Sour cream icing...... yes, it was as good as it sounds and then some & that third layer really separates the lightweights from the truely committed.). It ended kind of early but was still a really good evening with friends.

Sunday I was back on the couch in my balnkie and my fleece robe. I managed to get the laundry done, and watch "The Producers" dvd, and that was about it.

Today I am at working, so far feeling pretty good... touch wood. I think I will pass on the gym today just to be on the safe side, and if I have a fever relapse I will definitely stay home tomorrow no matter how I feel in the morning. I have to get back in top shape for Auditions next week... I know there are some extremely talented people going after the role I want so I have to be able to bring a performance level audition if I want to even be considered for the part.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Taking care of yourself is the top priority. I've no doubt you'll do great at the auditions. Maybe I'll see you there! :) (I'm very excited!)

Christa Giles said...

I'll have to read back more to catchup on what the auditions are for, but good luck anyways!

All that birthday food sounds yummy - my favourite breakfast-out of all time was White Spot's Stuffed FRench Toast - which had cinnamon'd sour cream with caramelized apple sauce, mmmm... but that cake sounds yummy, and Sex in a Pan rings a bell, might have to go look it up.

Happy New Year! (yeah, I'm late, but... things happen :) Check out http://podcast.christagiles.com for the latest - a KNITTING podcast, which already has 300 listeners on Episode Two! Eeee!)

Get better soon, babe :)

Blaine Le Roy said...

Hi Lisa... I'm trying very very hard to take care of this flu and feel better. It's the first one I've had in some time.

Christa The auditions are for "Cabaret". Everyone is very excited about it... it is going to be such a fun show.
BTW.. my friend Gilbert gave me a huge basket of knitting patterns he was getting rid of, there's few I really like but all kinds of women's stuff etc I'll never use. I bet a super knitter such as yourself could make excellent use of them. Send me an e-mail and I'll get in touch with you as to how to send them to you.
blaine@videosolutions.ca