Monday, February 19, 2007

Snow Day

Another Snow day in New Brunswick. It figures that since we're nearing the end of February winter has decided to really get a foot hold. Of course unlike, the West Coast, Spring doesn't actually happen here until April anyway, so we might as well settle in and get used to the snow.

It was insane driving in this morning, it's like all the stupid people decide they abolutely have to drive when it's snowing... I swear we could clear up the national deficit with a stupid people tax. People crawling along the highway and starting and stopping and being overly cautious to the point of being a bigger road hazzard than the actual snow should get a ticket, because there's lots of em.

Anyway.... The weekend was really good. I finally hit the point of feeling like myself again and the cold is now an occasional little cough...yay.

Saturday's desert party was a small intimate affair, but very very fun. Scott and Alison brought some delicious melt in your mouth chocolate brownies, & Suzy and Chris brought a fabulous Tiramisu. I was a Tiramisu virgin up until Saturday so Suzy's creation will now be the bar by which I measure all other Tiramisu, and it's a pretty high bar! Knowing of Darrel's new love for the Stirling Cherry Pie, Brian and Helen brought not only the Cherry but the Apple as well... both very tasty. I made a Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake, some Chocolate Cip cookies, and I tried out my healthy alternative Banana Bread recipe (That I created myself...well I took an existing recipe and substituted all the ingredients to create a new recipe but that's kind of the same thing right?). The eight of us had a fantastic little sugar fest and some nice drinks, and it was a really good time. Darrell drank nearly two and half bottles of wine so he was pretty smashed by the end of the night, but I think he was the only casualty.

Sunday there was suprisingly little clean up to be done, since we used paper plates, so we had a fairly lazy day. I did some laundry, and we had some food that didn't contain huge amounts of sugar and fat, then we settled in for Brothers & Sisters, the series finally of Reba, The Amazing Race All Stars (They have Rob & Amber on it so we were not going to watch at all, but it was the only thing on in that time slot besides repeats of Raymond that we've seen a thousand times so we endured Rob & Amber... it is kind of nice to start off with a team you're hoping will lose), and of course Desperate Housewives (very exciting show last night).

Either a nasty bug has infiltrated our editing computers or windows has hit it's best buy date again and needs to be redone, either way we have to reformatt our editors. Darrell did his over the weekend and I am in the process of backing mine up now so it can be done today. It really sucks to have to wipe everything out and reinstall, but the system runs a lot better for about 4 months and then start to screw up again for the next 2 before it needs to be done again. I think that's as long as windows can go before it starts to completely degrade and fall apart. So today will be a very unproductive day as far as production in my room goes, but ultimately it will make everything run smotther and more reliably for the next several months.. so productivity is relative.

Tonight Heroes is on!!!!!!!! That show makes me so happy, it's like the highlight of my week (How sad is that?)

1 comment:

stranger7800 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.