Monday, February 12, 2007

Cold is still hanging in there

I got lots of rest this weekend and still the cold is insisting on sticking around. It has become an occasional annoying cough and rhaspy throat. I lost my voice by the end of the day Friday and am still very scratchy today. I have my call back for the Emcee tomorrow night and Stephen wants to hear two songs... luckily even though my speaking voice is thin and rhaspy I still have about 70 percent power on my singing voice and should be able to sing well enough tomorrow. (Keeping fingers crossed) Gotta put in my best foot forward tomorrow because as far as I know Bertis is also being considered for the part so I gotta bring everything I got.

I didn't get a chance to call my grandmother on Friday because I couldn't talk to her even if I did, but I did manage to talk to her on Saturday. She's doing well and has almost no pain. She's having to keep off her feet and limit her movement for about six weeks until she's healed up. She had a total hip replacement so that's a pretty big deal, and she doesn't want to go putting it out or anything like that because that would be a disaster. It'll probably drive her a little nuts to not be able to get up and do the stuff she normally does for the next six weeks but it's a small price to pay, and eventually you get used to it.

Saturday evening we met up with Brian and Helen at the Dolan Rd Irving for a bite. Brian was headed off to play hockey so Helen came back to our place and hung out with us until he was done. We watched some Absolutely Fabulous from the specials DVD. We watched two episodes that none of us had ever seen before so that was cool.

Sunday I did laundry. I do laundry every Sunday. I did not watch the Grammys...never do, don't care for awards shows at all. We did watch the new episodes of Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters... the Housewives are really heating up and someone if going to die very soon possibly even next week. I got to talk to my Dad for awhile on Sunday, he called to let me know my grandmother was home but I already knew, but we got to talk about other things too. He's working out of town right now so I don't get to hear from him often because he doesn't come home every weekend.

Darrell and I also started taking an Iodine suppliment this weekend, so we'll see what effect that has. I am now making plans for the upcoming desert party on Saturday... I'm thinking I'll do the chocolate cherry cheesecake this time, and I've been experimenting with some ideas for a sugar/white flour/ margarine/lactose free banana bread recipe... I think I'll give it a try. Save up your points and cheat days only five more sleeps!!!

How I met your Mother & Heroes is on Tonight....YAY!!!

2 comments:

mare said...

break a leg on your callback! i didn't get one, but i didn't think i would given how badly i messed up the dance. at this point it really depends on the look stephen wants for the show as to whether i get in the chorus or not, i think. i'm looking at it through my director brain. ;)

Lisa said...

Yay Heroes!

Break a leg tomorrow. My fingers are crossed; I'm totally rooting for you. ^_^