Monday, April 30, 2007

Very Productive Weekend

I've been so busy lately I'm not entirely sure whether I'm coming or going anymore. After Friday Night's rehearsal we went to Churchill's for a drink and little food.

Saturday I slept in just a little, then headed out for rehearsal. It was a really good day and things went fairly well. This is the first time I've been directed by Stephen and it's a really good experience. He has alot of really helpful advice about finding reasons for what you're doing and emotions to go with them. He is also open to suggestion. Matt had a great idea for the scene with our waiters quartet, and Stephen was willing to indulge us while we walked through it... then he kept it. I'm really glad he did too, because now I feel like the scene makes sense, and we actually have a reason to be on stage singing that beautiful song. Before it felt like an aside, a pretty song just abritrarily thrown in for someone's nephew or something.

After rehearsal I went home and started planign the wood for the aquarium canopy. I have to find some time to construct that, since the lights that go in it will be arriving this week. I got all the wood planed and routered, and the sides cut and mitred... so I'm in pretty good shape to start off with. Darrell is building an equipment case so I helped him glue the coating to the plywood, and then we settled in for a little TV. Nothing on but reruns.

Sunday I tried to sleep in again, but the dogs have their own time clock and could care less that it's a weekend... they get let out at a certain time every morning to pee, so weekends are no exceptions. Another full day of rehearsals, and we made good progress for the most part. We are three weeks from opening the show so there are no nights off anymore... although it would be a good idea to take a full night off just before the show so everyone can have a day of downtime to recover their strength be fore a long week at the theatre.... but that's just my thoughts. All the energy you have to pump out to the audience has to come from somewhere... so it's no good if everyone is already exhausted going in.

I got the plastic grate that will go on the back side of the tank for airflow all cut out, but I didn't have the proper router bit to do the channel so I have to get one today sometime. I have a bunch of editing that has to be done this week, as well as an ad for the cable channel to produce. My classes are on Tuesday and Friday and I'm teaching then kids about working with layers, luckily I've already built their sample models and installed them on all their computers. Last week I had them create a bunch of balls and bounce them around the screen a few seconds before assembling them into a person. This week they learn to make the person move... it's really a lesson in working backwards... a lot like Jenn's technique for some of the dancing. Create your ending and then break it down.

I have a dentist appointment this morning to a have a couple fillings I'm not particularly looking forward to.

No comments: