Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hump Day

Monday we went over the dance for Willkommen again. A little bit of it was changed, but mostly we just reviewed all the steps. There was one set of steps I asked Jenn to break into an 8 count for me and it was a good thing we did, because everyone was counting it differently. Bah dah dah bump, bah da da dada dah dah is just not precise enough for me, I feel a lot more confident with 1 and 2 3 and 4 5 6 7 8. I have to work now at internalizing either the singing or the dancing so that I can do one without thinking about it. It's impossible to think about counting a dance if you're also thinking I have to get a big breath here for a "G" then snatch another quick one because there's an "A" coming up. So either the dance or the song has to come second nature and automatic, so I can concentrate on the other. That said I still feel a lot better about that number having gone over it again.

Heroes was awsome!!! I can't say it was well worth the wait... because the wait was excruiating.... but it was awsome!! Can't wait for next week.

Tuesday I got in my first run since I hurt my toe... it was brutal. A week and a half away from it and it's like starting over. Except it's not like starting over where you're trying to outdo yourself each time, like in the beginning so every step forward is exciting.... it's like starting over where you're trying to start off where you left off and can't get there, so it's frustrating.

I taught my class at 6 and the hour flew by. I had three boys in last nights class so I was able to give them all a lot of one on one, which helped us accomplish a lot more than expected. It also helps that I've finally finished creating a lesson plan, so I know exactly where we're headed. I know... it's taken two weeks, but I was kind of just thrown in the deep end after all.

We've had water cylcing in the aquarium since Sunday now. It was coudy at first but is starting to clear up. There's no salt in it yet, but there is the cycle compound which will start growing the good bacteria etc.

I got some wood to start building the canopy last night, and I have no rehearsals tonight so I may actually get a good start on that after work.

No comments: