Monday, April 02, 2007

Great Weekend

Aside from the fact that our phone, internet, and alarm system didn't work all weekend it was still a really good one. Progress on the aquarium stand has slowed a bit. It's a matter of getting the pieces made that will be used to screw up into the top. The Front, Sides, Inside Walls, Back, and Base are all joined together now. Two of the drawers have their fronts glued on, and all the pieces of the top are glued together waiting to be sanded down and cut to size. It is very close to being finished, but there's some fussy stuff that needs to be done right now that is slowing up the process.

Saturday I had my first actual acting rehearsal for Cabaret. I started off the day with a vocal rehearsal of Tomorrow Belongs to Me. I am really starting to like the way it sounds... now if only I could consistently get my part right. The acting rehearsal was a lot of fun. It was nice to put some actual action into Bobby, he's a lot gayer on stage than on paper and I may have to dampen his flame a bit.

Sunday was dance rehearsal for Wilkommen, and it was soooo fun. The Dance is going to look awsome on stage. It's hard to picture what a routine looks like when you're immersed in it, but it was one of those routines that felt like it looked awsome. You can just tell sometimes. After dance rehearsal it was over to the other rehearsal space to review all the songs we've learned so far. Everyone was there and we got to hear the songs we weren't involved for the first time. It was kind of like we were all standing up and singing for each other, and it was really great. Kelly has two fantastic solos, one especially that will bring the audience to tears, and two duets with Irwin that none of us had heard yet. Not a lot of people on the cast had heard the waiter's quartet either, so that was a first time through for many... unfortunately Scott couldn't make the rehearsal so one of the parts was missing, but everyone still seemed to like it. I got to have a look at some of my costume pieces, and there are some very creative outfits for Bobby. I don't want to say too much because it would spoil the surprise for anyone reading this who isn't in the show. Brenda lend me a pair of my footwear so I can get used to walking and dancing in them.

This morning the Aliant guy came out and fixed the phone. He had nicked a wire when he was installing the highspeed internet and it came off... so we spent four days with no phone/internet/or alarm because he nicked a wire. I wonder if we get a credit for the service we weren't able to use but still pay for....that will be the day.

No comments: