Thursday, April 19, 2007

Overdrive

Somehow life has switched into overdrive for me lately. After work on tuesday I taught my animation class for kids over twelve. I only had two boys in the class so we got a lot done. Afterwards I rushed over to the rehearsal space for the fruit shop rehearsal I was late for. Luckily they were just finishing their stretch and warm up so I didn't really miss anything.

There were some crossed communication wires along the way, because I got a call from Dre at 8 last night wondering where I was instead of being at rehearsal. I had absolutely no idea I was suposed to be at rehearsal though... in fact I thought I had nothing until Saturday. By the time I got the call it was too late to go back into town, so sorry to everyone who was counting on me to be there... I don't know why I flaked out, but I honestly don't remember being told we were doing that scene last night. However I'm not going to bare full responsibility, since our rehearsal schedule has been in a constant state of change from the very beginning and still contains more TBDs than actual committed dates.... it was bound to happen.... I'm just sorry it was me.

Today I am reading for Elizabeth at the Tempest call backs. This my first ever shakespeare.. in highschool I took the F for that section, did some extra credit creative writting and still managed a B as my final grade. I haven't had much time to look at the material even though I've had it over a week now. Time seems to be at a premium right now. Between trying to get off book, committing dance routines and songs to memory, coming up with some kind of lesson plan for the kids, work, and finishing my cabinet... there's nothing left over.

The cabinet is in it's final stages. The doors and drawers are completely finished. The top recieved it's third coat of polyurithane this morning before I left for work, and the actual cabinet itself got it's second coat laast night.... the end is in sight.

No comments: