Monday, April 16, 2007

Whatta Weekend

I feel like I packed two weeks worth of stuff into one weekend.... so much happened.
Friday : I went to the School of Rock and Film early so I could play with the computers a little and snoop through the kid's project files to see what they've been learning. My first class was kids 12 and under, and they are regulars there, so they already have a good understanding about how animation works. They are still in the stick man draw every single frame stage, so there's a lot I can show them. That hour flew by. The second hour was a little longer. It was a birthday party, of 14 year old girls and one little brother... none of whom were particularly interested in learning computer animation. I got them to make birthday cards, and I helped them animate portions of the cards... it was chaos. But not in a bad way. I'm pretty sure if I can deal with a class of 14 year old girls on a birthday party, then classes of kids who are actually interested in learning animation is going to be a snap.

I was finished classes by 8 and went home, got cleaned up, and Darrell and I headed in for cast Karaoke at the Summerset. We both had a really good time, but called it an fairly early night because of the nasty snow falling. We were home by 12:30. ( I wish February would hurry up and end)

Saturday we ran the first half of the show at rehearsal. It was good to finally get a chance to see how everything fit together, and get a better feel about where we're already strong and where we need work. I got home around 4:30. I changed into my grubby work clothes and put another coat of polyurithane on the doors and drawers of my cabinet. I had to fine sand them all first. (They are now finished... they've had four coats and look beautiful) I then changed back into my nicer clothes and Darrell and I headed down to the Dolan Road Irving for 7:30 (we were late and got there closer to 8) to meet Brian & Helen, and Bertis & Colin for a bite. Then we all came back to our house for a couple drinks and some cherry pie. We were going to fire up the new karaoke machine, but ended up just talking and laughing and calling it a night around 11.

Sunday we ran the second half of the show at rehearsal. There is more work needed in that half because there are a few thing we just haven't covered yet. It was a very good rehearsal though and it's going to be a really strong show. It's already pretty strong and there's four and half weeks to go. After rehearsal I headed over to Churchills with Bertis, Kristi, & Lisa B for some food and a drink. I was starving! Then home to work on my cabinet. I got the top all fine sanded and the first coat of polyurithane applied. Tonight I will fine sand and add the second coat as well finish sanding the main cabinet and add the first coat of finish to it. It is slowly creeping closer and closer to being done.

Today I am playing with the new program and trying to make a lesson plan beyond what I am going to teach tomorrow.

No comments: