Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Very Long weekend, not Quite Long Enough

We took a four day weekend over the Easter Holidays. I'm not at all religious, so the significance of Easter is lost on me, but I can totally get behind a holiday that involves the giving and receiving of chocolate.

Friday afternoon there was a music rehearsal for Two Ladies and Money Makes the World go Around. Bertis couldn't make it so I subbed for him in Money to help the girls out. I don't know if it helped or not though, because he and I have very different styles of singing.... but all I was really for was so they could hear how their parts fit with the lead part anyway.

Darrell and I hit Shoppers Drug mart for some easter supplies and I made up a big basket with colourful plastic hollow eggs that we filled with goodies, and I brought them to the Saturday afternoon rehearsal... where the full cast reviewed all the songs in the show. It was another occassion for us all to sing for one another, so everyone could hear what everyone else was working on.

Sunday I had no rehearsals and spent the entire day working on the Aquarium stand. Here's a tip! Even if what you're working on is as mundane as just sanding one of the solid oak doors... never wear sandals. I believe I may have broken my toe. The door slipped out of my hands and landed corner first, square in the middle of my big toe on my right foot. It hurt like all get out, and I am definitely going to lose the nail... it was only holding on my a little skin. It's still quite tender to walk on in my shoes. This is the second time I've been involved in a show where I have to dance and dropped something on my foot. During Christmas Carol I dropped a bedside table and it landed on it's edge right across my left foot, now I've hurt my toe. I don't think it's broken, but it hurt like hell. Thankfully there are a few weeks for it to heal.

As far as the cabinet goes, for all intents and purposes it is basically finished. At least the building part is finished. Now all that remains is the fine sanding and actual finish work. So it still has at least a week of work left on it. Yesterday we made an upper molding that will hide the black plastic part of the fish tank frame, and attached it to the top. So the fish tank will sit inside it. I don't know if I explained it well enough, but you'll see when it's all done and I post pictures. In the mean time here's the results of this weeks labour.

This is before we took the top off and attached the molding that will hide the black plastic bottom of the Aquarium.

Ready for fine sanding and finishing


The hardware for the drawers need to be adjusted after the cabinet if completely finshed... right now they are touch uneven.



Glamour shot:
Cabinet nearly done

Frankstien and his Monster.


The original 3d rendering:

Aquarium Stand Design

Is Pretty Close, Ja?

No comments: