Friday, January 05, 2007

Goodies in the mail

I got a whole bunch of goodies in the mail yesterday. I got a couple cards from my cousins with pictures of their kids and letters about what's been going on. Everyone hasa grown up so much, I can't believe that my cousins (who are the same age as I am) have children entering their teens... It makes me feel pretty old.

I also got an awsome package from my Stepmom containing 12 jars of homemade dill pickles. She's an amazing canner and has quite a large customer base for her pickles and preserves back in Williams Lake. She makes jams, salsa, dill pickles, hot pickles, mustard pickles, soups, relish.. you name it, but our favourite thing is the pcikles mixed with cauliflower and now we have 12 jars of them. yum! Plus she cushioned each jar for the long trip across the country in a sock, so we have half a dozen new pairs of socks... very practical.

I spent some time today scanning all the new photos I got over the holidays and some older pictures I've been meaning to get to from a couple years ago.. some of them all the way back to 1999. I'll try to post them to my flikr page today. I finally got the rest of the Christmas pics up yesterday.

No comments: