Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow has Arrived

I've been careful to try and not brag to my family and friends in western Canada about how mild our winter has been because I knew it was coming eventually and would last a lot longer than thier's will, and now it is here. It also looks like it is going to make a concerted effort to stick around awhile. Oh well it was a good run while it lasted. I just hope we don't suddenly start getting blasted the way the west coast has been so far. I can't believe how nasty it's been out there! For the first time since moving here, I was actually glad to be here instead of there during the winter.

I've mostly settled back into my routine, although I think I'm suffering a bit of seasonal depression because I have a really hard time drumming up any enthusiasm about anything right now.

The holidays set me back on my runnning. I was up to two miles a days before and have dropped back to a mile and half, but I've only been back at it everyday for a week, so I'm not too worried about it. Besides I'm doing that mile and a half at a faster pace and steeper incline. Now if I could just stop myself from all the snacking on chocolate and high calory crackers etc, I'd probably make some progress on those abs. Don't get me wrong they're pretty solid in there, they're just under that awful layer of flab. hahaha. I am starting to see a dividing line form between left and right though, so I know I'm on the right track.

No comments: