Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cold Cold Cold

It is really cold today. I nearly froze walking up to Dr Mackin's office to get a blood req. I got the results back from my test in November and it turns out my thyroid was low, so I have to have it retested. That might explain the sore throat and weight gain at the time. I'm hoping it was just an anomoly and everything is back to normal, because after everything Darrell has gone through over his thyroid I have no desire to go down that road. Although medication tends to work exactly the way it is supposed to on me so I propabably wouldn't have the problems Darrell has had.

On another note, I got back up to 2 miles running on the threadmill. All the treadmills at the gym have a 20 minute time limit built into them, and I am so far only up to 4.5 mph, so I can only get 1.5 miles out of a complete cycle and have to start it over again after the cool down. There is an exception though, lately I've noticed that threadmill number 8 has been set to an hour instead of 20 minutes. I don't know if it's a permanant thing or not, but it's pretty handy for doing the full 2 miles. It wouldn't make any difference here or there if you were to go at a busy time, as everyone is asked to only use machines for 20 minutes during busy times, but I generally go between 2 and 4 when it is slow so there aren't people waiting for machines.

No comments: