Monday, January 22, 2007

Good Weekend

Friday I got in a really good upperbody workout plus a mile & a half run. I downloaded a really good book about burning fat that will help me "reveal" the abs. Everyone has great abs, they just have to remove the top layer of fat to get at them.
After work we stopped out at the vortex to get some velcro from fabricville and to pick up my new knife block from Paderno. Darrell got some books from the naturopath he's been seeing about Thyroid, Iodine, and Natural Hormones. I read the Iodine book and was really surprised about how much I didn't know about how much the body needs it and how the majority of us are really deficient in it. Unless you're snacking on seaweed daily you're levels are probably fairly low. What is scary is that every cell in your body uses iodine especially your Thyroid gland and Breast tissue. Iodine deficiency leads to cysts in Breast tissue and eventually breast cancer, and don't think that because you're using Iodized salt you're making up the deficiency either because the dose of iodine in it isn't nearly enough... and most multivitamins don't contain enough either. The book is called "Iodine... Why you Need it, Why You Can't live without it." by David Brownstein. It's not superlong, so I might scan it into PDF for reference.

Saturday we met up with Brian, Helen, & Helen's mother (Margaret) at bowlarama for a couple hours of bowling, then a quick meal at the Dolan Rd Irving, followed by a couple episodes of Keeping Up Appearances at our place.

Sunday I got in 45 minutes on the Eliptical trainer, and managed to sing Four seasons songs for the majority of the time. That high falsetto stuff isn't easy when you're workingout, but 20 minutes in I could still sing ragdoll so I feel really good about where I am as far as lung capacity and cardio.

I made the mistake of getting Darrell to try the Cherry Pie from Stirlings.. mostly because I wanted it gone so I didn't pig out on it. It was a big mistake since he loved it and it has become his new obsession... did you know they sell them by the case? That's right by the case! Darrell has a really bad habit of finding something he likes and overdoing it to the extreme... so we have cherry pie... stop by for a piece there's lots.

No comments: