Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Feast Mar. 31,2006

I didn't manage to get away from work early on Tuesday, and I was feeling terrible by the time I finally got home. I think I had a fever because I was very cold even though the house was very warm. I bundled up in bed with my book and stayed there. I didn't go to work Wednesday and remained in bed with my book, although the fever was gone. I felt a lot better and actually found myself sitting on the deck in the afternoon enjoying the fresh air. I was back to work Thursday and now I'm feeling back to my regular self. I'm still stuffed up and my throats a little tender, but the cold sore is mostly gone and I can swallow again. (keep it clean you know what I'm talking about you dirty little minds) In case you were wondering I finished the book... it was very good. Maybe not as good as some of it predicessors in the series, but the story was good and well thought out. I didn't feel the kind of love or hate for the characters that I have in Jack Whyte's other novels and that is where I felt it was disapointing, but overall as an end to the series I felt it wrapped thing up nicely.
Now the Feast

Friday Feast Mar. 31, 2006

Appetizer
Name 3 things that you think are strange.
People, People, People. I could build a list that would go on and on and on.

Soup
What was the last ceremony you attended?
Jim & Carl's wedding last year.

Salad
What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?
I learned a lot of really great pointers for protecting your Identity and Credit rating. Thankfully I didn't learn them the hard way.

Main Course
Tell us about one of your childhood memories.
I remember when I was Eight years old, just before Christmas not long after my brother, Lorne, was born, and someone had a video camera and was taping a christmas message to send to my Great-Grandma on Vancouver Island. What I remember most about the moment was how excited I was about my new baby Brother. He was, after all, my very first sibling. I now have three. Aside from Lorne, there is my sister Amanda and my youngest brother Garrett. My Brothers are my Dad's sons, and my Sister is my Mom's Daughter.

Dessert
If you could extend any of the four seasons to be twice as long as normal, which season would you want to lengthen?
Duh... Summer. If we could make the New Brunswick Summer twice as long, then it would finally be same as the rest of the Country.

2 comments:

Dre said...

LOL - if you think summer is short herre, then you haven't lived on the Prairies. Not only is summer only 2 or 3 months long, Spring and Fall are only a few short weeks each. We have a far more temperate climate on the coasts, and our seasons are much more balanced in length.

Blaine Le Roy said...

Yes but I'm a spoiled little West Coast Brat. Used to a small mild winter and long hot spring and summer.........sans Fog.