Monday, March 13, 2006

It's Done

Well not completely done, but done enough for the moment. I got the ceiling painted on Thursday. Friday Darrell got the floors evened up. We decided we should even them up instead making a divided so we would know what was involved, since chances are that seam runs the entire length of the house, and we don't want any surprised when we do the living room, dining room, and hallway. Saturday I got the walls painted fairly early in the day, and they were dry enough by 6:30 PM so we started laying down the new floor. Once you get the hang of it, laminate floor is really pretty easy to install. Keep in mind Easy is a relative term. Getting down on your hands and knees hunched over installing floor isn't easy on your knees or your back. The next day I hurt in places I forgot I had, because I don't normally move my muscles that way, but we got the floor all done and the room basically put back together and by 2 am we were sleeping in our own bed again. It was hell trying to sleep in the spare room all week, going from a king sized simmons bowling ball matress with cushion top back to our old Queen sized matress we got on sale at Leons was not fun, there was, understandabley, a lot of motivation to stay up as long as it took to finish the room.
Sunday I was up fairly early and into town for Sight Unseen rehearsals. I think it's going to be a very good show from what I've seen so far. There isn't a lot for me to do soundwise thankfully because it's going to be really hellish week for me at work with a huge project due by Friday. After the rearsal I popped into the theatre to help Chad with the set painting. There wasn't much we could do as they were still setting it up, so we helped unload the reheasal space and then came back to paint. We got quite a bit done, but Chad still has lots to do so any eager beavers who can work a paint brush or a sponge really should get in there and help him out tonight. Unfortunatly I can't since tonight is Cue to cue and I will be on the sound board all night.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Renovating is tough, no matter how you look at it. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you've made. ^_^

Blaine Le Roy said...

It looks really great, even without the trim. I'm looking forward to the end of this very long week to be able to spend some time enjoying it.