Thursday, March 09, 2006

Carpet is gone

There is no paint on the ceiling yet, but the room is cleared, the carpet is gone, the walls are washed & Crackfilled. Today we will disconnect the ceiling fan and paint the ceiling. We discovered a bit of anasty surprise when we got the carpet up. Our place is a Prestige Home so it is built in two halves and then trucked onto the site, and right in the closet doorway is where the floors are joined together and they are not even. Luckily we have a simple solution. We will lay the laminate flooring in the bedroom as well as laying it in the closet, but in the doorway we will buy a nice piece of maple and build a spanner. Simple fix for the bedroom, but when it finally comes time to do the living room etc it is going to be a problem. Luckily we started with this small job and are leaving the bigger one until sometime later. When we get to it we will be prepared.

I have to have my rear brakes done on my car. The disk on the drivers side is soudning pretty warped. Hopefully we will be able to get to that this weekend as well because I will need my car all next week. As it turns out I will be filling in as the sound guy for Sight Unseen. Peter Jones was originally going to do it, but some last minute scheduling conflicts at work have conspired to make him unavailable. Thankfuilly he has already done all the prep work and all I have to do is push buttons. I'm sure it will go smoothly.

No comments: