Thursday, March 16, 2006

Opening Night

Last night was Student dress rehearsal for Sight Unseen and it went very well. There wasn't a large crowd, I think my last count was 47, but they all seemed to really enjoy the show. It is a really good script with lots of things going on both in and out of the dialog. There's a lot of really good subtext and it takes some time to really digest everything that happens. On the outside it seems like a very simple play, but you find all kinds of layers as it progresses. I hope there is a good crowd for opening night, people will not be disapointed.
I'm in the final stages of my project for Universal Truck and Trailer. It looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel. This is the first time I've really been worried about whether or not I could finish something on time. I didn't realize it was as tight a turn around as it was when I said yes to doing sound for Sight Unseen, otherwise I never would have agreed. Usually when it's something this big I like to be able to stay late if I get on a roll, but that's impossible if you have to be somewhere else in the evening. Thankfully I didn't have alot of Rogers work this week so I was able to devote my time completely to building the 3d model of Universal.

No comments: