Tuesday, April 04, 2006

New Recipes

This was very quiet weekend at home. We didn't do much of anything and it was quite nice. I signed up for a recipe club that sends out bundles of recipe cards every three weeks or so. I fell for the hook when the samples came in the mail and I tried one of the recipes, then thought 'What the hell, it comes with a free set of knives and doesn't cost that much money.'
I tried a few more of the recipes this weekend and have been pretty impressed so far. On Saturday I made Chicken Stroganof and some Banana Bread, and tomorrow I'm going to try a Chicken and Biscuits recipe. I try to follow the recipe to the letter the first time through so I can see what exactly is involved and how it comes out. Once we've had it "the way it is supposed to be" then all bets are off and I start experiementing with it until it's the way we think it should be. This usually takes two or three times through. The Stroganof recipe really surprised me though and will require very little in the way of modification. If anything I'd use less Chicken broth and Add the noodles right to the sauce a little before they are done cooking to thicken the sauce a little more, but that's just a minor change. The banana bread recipe was pretty good as well and next time through I'll probably substitute the White sugar for honey and add more Walnuts. If you want to try the recipes out let me know and I'll either put them on here or e-mail them to you.
It looks like I have a hectic work schedule luming on the horizon. There is a very large animation project coming my way and I will have to through myself into it 100% once I get all the materials I need. I will be animating the actual Oil Refining process from Crude in the ship, to Canaport, to and through the refinery, to trucks trains and ships filled with the finished product. I see some late nights on the horizon.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've done really well. Every four or five months they send out the cards to try and get me to buy. I think I've got half the set now because they send out different samples. ^_^

Heather said...

Gosh, I wish I could cook - it sounds like fun! My latest attempt: modified Shake'n'Bake chicken breasts, rice with Campbell's mushroom soup, and salad. I remembered to start the rice when the timer went off to say the chicken was ready; when the rice was done, I realized I was out of salad dressing (we even had GUESTS!) and had to run downtown - for blue-cheese dressing, ALL the way downtown. For some reason, though, the chicken was done exactly right - even though it spent twice as long in the oven AFTER cooking as it had BEFORE. No one died; a success!