Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Canada Day long Weekend

The sun managed to poke out a few time this weekend and we made the most of every moment. All the Rain was really starting to wear me out.

Friday after work we headed out to the old neighborhood, to George and Lorretta's, for Shauna's Graduation Dinner. They had a big chinese feast, enough to feed about 45 people... so they will be eating chinese food for some time. It was fun to see everyone... we haven't been out there for a few weeks.

Saturday was Canada Day and Bertis' Birthday celebration at Brian & Helen's. Bertis' birthday was Friday, but he wanted to run the Marathon or 10 k or something like that on Canada Day, so we postponed celebrating until Saturday. For the most part it was quite a nice day, then the rain came and spoiled our plans to have a bonfire and Smores. Brian managed to BBQ some burgers just before the rain started and ended up finishing them in the downpour. We did Chocolate Fondu with Pineapple and Strawberries, and had a pretty awsome Birthday Cake that Brian ordered. Brian is the official cake picker outer since he has done such a good job on both my birthday and now Bertis'. We also had lots of appletinnis. Good times.

Sunday I was feeling a little hung over. It was raining all day which didn't help the way I felt any. I ended up coming into work to get the last things in place on my animation and start it rendering. It's such a long project that it's a 39 hour Render and as I type, on Tuesday Morning, there is still three hours to go.

Monday was Gorgeous! One of the nicest days of the summer so far. After so much miserable weather, when the sun does peek out, you feel like you have to take full advantage of it so you end up working your ass off. At least we do anyway. I did the laundry and dried it on the clothes line. (I will let the clothes pile up in the summer if the weather isn't good enough to use the clothes line... I absolutely will not waste the money or power to run the dryer when the sun and wind are out there and absolutely free.) It blows my mind to see ads in Ontario asking people to restrict their airconditioner use and conserve power so there isn't another massive outage like last year, yet at the same time in Darrell's Parents neighbourhood in Barrie there is a bylaw against clothes lines. You can't have a clothes line in your own yard... that you mortgaged and pay taxes on.. even though they want you conserve energy... bullshit if you ask me.
Anyway.... when we were building our flower boxes I accidentally bought one can of stain that was opaque in stead of semi tranparent like the rest, so I hualed it out and stained the front steps. Darrell changed the front brakes on my car, we filled the last of the boxes with soil and plants, and basically soaked up the sun. Hopefully soon, we will have a weekend with nice weather all around, and nothing to do but sit on the deck and enjoy it.

No comments: