Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's only Tuesday?

We had a really nice weekend despite the terrible weather. At times like this I wish I was back in BC.... They're having a heat wave, I would gladly trade them all this rain and fog. You know you're having too much rain, when even the plants in your flower beds are drooping and starting to look wilted.

Friday we dropped out to Brain and Helen's after work, for a few drinks. Bertis was there as well of course.

Saturday was a relaxing day. I managed to sray a couple of my trees. All the rain has made it impossible and the caterpillars are everywhere. They've almost completely devastated my Pear tree. My first round of sraying did very little as there wasn't a dry enough period for it to have any effect. The spray was basically washed away almost as soon as it was on.

Sunday we took a drive out to Upham to look at hotubs. We aren't getting one in the imediate future mind you, but with a pruchase like that you need to start looking around and finding out what you need etc long before. It's not the kind of thing you just pop into Home depot and decide you want one day, or at least it shouldn't be. Our plans right now are to pour a concrete pad in the back where we intend to build our lower deck, and seeing as this is eventually where we want to put a hottub, we figured we should go shop around and find out if there was anything specific we needed to do as far as the concrete pad goes. The tub probably won't be in the budget until next spring at the earliest.

Monday was work as usual. On the way home I noticed a bunch of Teens from Quispamsis out on the side of the highway by the dolan road Irving with their Brandon Banners and plaques, urgin everyone to vote for him on Canadian Idol. I've only ever watched a couple episodes of that show in the past... I ahve no patience or tolerance for the episodes in the beginning with the awful auditions etc, but don't mind tuning in near the end when all the dead weight has been sifted through. I descided to turn it on last night and see if Brandon was all he's cracked up to be. OMG what an awful show! I turned it off halfway through, all I heard were very flat, toneless, mediochore at best singers, and the judges would gush at them about how wonderful them were after every performance... it was pitiful. I felt like I was watching a Junior Highschool talent show or something like that. I can't believe that's the best they could find from across the country. Maybe it's time to reevaluate the age restriction and let some older people with a little more vocal experience into the contest. It was just bloody painful listening to it, and I won't be doing it again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ah, Tuesday - what more can I say?

I'd love to trade you a few days of weather - forest fires, increased danger at work (sweat lowers the body's resistance to electricity), and a touch of sunstroke caused by a faulty boat ignition and a lot of paddling. I'm sorry to hear about your fruit trees - I know how important they are to you.

I agree completely with the tv comments - about reality shows in general (like we all don't have enough natural reasons to get along like dogs fighting over a bone!). I prefer a light fluffy comedy, myself...

Be well, Blaine-babe!