Monday, July 31, 2006

Leanna's Saturday Soiree

We had a really nice weekend.

It didn't start off great, but it certainly ended well. I spent the majority of Friday pulling out what little hair I have left... trying to reinstall windows on my animation computer. Darrell had to do a late shoot, so I ended up still here at 9:30... still installing no less. The computer kept crashing and coming up with errors, and then I finally figured out that it was overheating. I finally got everything going, but had to redo it this morning.


Saturday we went over to Kingston Penn for Cristi's BBQ/camp out. It was a really good time. We brought the dogs and our neighbour Sylvia followed us over. She brought her dog as well, but he is a little more high maintenance and can't really be left to his own devises without wandering off, so she didn't end up staying. Elton and Tiff had a great time playing in the pong with Destiny's golden retriever Russell (it was his birthday and there was even cake.) When Chad and Nancy arrived they brought Bailey (chocolate lab) who also joined in the fun. We actually had the full array of retreivers when you think of it, a Black, yellow and Chocolate lab as well as a golden retriever.

A couple of times early in the party Mother nature opened up and went torrential on us, but then it cleared up and we had a perfect evening. Everyone brought salads and Cristi BBQ'd Hotdogs and Hamburgers. I made a huge potatoe salad and got quite a few compliments on it, which is pretty cool since I don't even like potatoe salad. A lot of people showed up and if I tried to list them all I'd miss someone so I won't. We threw frisbees for the dogs, sat around the fire and sang a few songs, there were water noodle wars in the pool, and a little frog jumped up Chad's pantleg and made him squeal like a little girl.... it was a really really good time. We had come prepared to camp, but around 2:30am decided to go home instead. We decided it would be too much hassle to set up the tent in the dark and weren't too keen on sharing it with two soaking wet dogs.

Sunday we got to some housecleaning that we've been putting off and did a little yard work. brain and Helen popped over in the evening and we watched a few episodes of Absolutely fabulous.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I would have liked to go, but the timing was bad. Our wrap party for "Fun-Zai!" was the same night. I wish I could have heard Chad squeal! ~_^ Ha ha! Maybe next time!