Monday, July 10, 2006

The Sun finally the sun

What an awsome weekend. It was up near 30 degrees everyday and the sun was shining.
Friday started out not so good... working with a hang over is never fun. The work day ended not so good too... we drove home via our regular route, but got onto the highway at the Crown street onramp and found ourselves Bumper to bumper all the way to Rothesay Rd... with nowhere to get off in between. It was rediculous, and took nearly 30 minutes to drive that short distance. Then without any seeming reason whatsoever the traffic just started moving normally again. No Construction or signs of an accident or anything. I felt ripped off really... if I'm going to be bumper to bumper for that length of time, at the end of it I expect to see a reason why..... but there was nothing. For all anyone knows there could've been two cars driving 10 km per hour side by side on the highway just for the shits and giggles of it all. Of course once you do get going again you inevitably have those assholes who start weaving from lane to lane and tailgating everyone they think isn't going fast enough... because they are trying to make up the time they lost. (Which is never going to happen) With traffic that tightly packed they are a huge hazzard. If I were to win a lottery I'd be a dangerous person.... I'd go out and buy myself an old old car.. one of those old steel tanks like an old chyrsler or something and put some heavy duty reinforced bumpers on it.... then god help the asshole that tailgates me in their little peice of alluminum crap cause I'd just slam on the brakes and it would be their fault for not following at a safe distance.

Anyway onto other things. We, of course, spent the entire weekend working in the yard. Although it wasn't heavy duty work like we've been doing. I got my fruit trees sprayed, did a little gardening, Stained some trellis, Darrell pressure washed the side of the house, moved his wood pile, spread some gardening soil into the holes in the new lawn and put out more lawn seed. Just simple chores basically. We popped out to Brunswick Nurseries and got a nice little Sumac tree, and took the dogs to the lake. All in all a pretty relaxing weekend.

I also had a first this weekend.. I saw my first firefly. Seriously.. I've never actually seen one before. Darrell was talking about all the fireflies he saw across the street the night before and I said I'd never seen one so he went right out and caught one. I don't think there are fireflies in the interior of BC where I was raised... so that's probably how I've lived this long without seeing them. Of course I could be wrong... they might be there... I just never saw them.

3 comments:

Dre said...

A few of us also got stuck in that traffic jam as we were rushing to get out to Rothesay Commons to get into costume and perform our final show of "Much Ado". I heard it was some sort of gas leak near Stresscom.

Blaine Le Roy said...

Well that would explain the lack of wreckage.
With the constructiononthe bridge etc, I'm thinking I may just use Loch Lommond for the forseeable future.

Heather said...

I missed the traffic jam, but I think there might just be fireflies in central BC after all - we've noticed one or two suspicious little glowing lights, the wrong colour (and travelling the wrong direction) to be fire sparks, these last few weekends down at the lake. Maybe the pine beetle infestation has caused other changes to the local bug scene.

(ps - the 'word verification' word is "wazubl" - I like it!)