Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekend Sugar Rush

I had a really great time this weekend. I started it early by taking Friday off so I could prepare for the Sweets party on Saturday. With two lazy guys and two large dogs, our house can become quite the pig stye, so I took the day off to clean and make some Cheesecakes for the party. I tried some new recipes, and made a chocolate cherry cheesecake and a stawberry cheesecake.
Saturday afternoon I stopped in for auditions for Crucible and Moonchildren. I'm never sure how my auditions go because I don't know if I'm actually any good at auditioning to tell the truth. Luckily I've worked with both Bob and Steven so they should have a pretty good idea of my ability audition notwithstanding. I got home around five, had a shower, a light dinner and started baking some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so they would still be all hot and melty when people showed up. It wasn't a huge crowd but a lot of fun people and we had a good time. Bertis was first to arrive with a chocolate layer cake with lots and lots of whipped cream. Kelly Myers popped by on her way home from work for a quick drink and to say hi sadly she couldn't stay long. Brian and Helen came with marshmallow mouse (by Brian) and milk & White chocolate Cheribs that Helen made, Scott and Alison arrived with a very decadent chocolate Tort, And Suzy and Chris showed up with a fabulous pastry that was as nice to look at as it was to eat. There was lots to eat and drink and some very funny conversation... I think I will have to make this an annual party.
Sunday we were invited out to the old Neighbourhood to play a little Ramoli. We brought along the left over Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake and as many rolls of nickles as we could beg borrow or steal from the three gas stations between our place and George and Loretta's. By the end of the game I was up three dollars and ten cents and Darrell was down about ten or eleven bucks.
After all that sugar, I am detoxing today with a lunch of carrots & apples, and have a couple steaks out for dinner that I will cut into strips for Beef and Broccoli.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sorry I missed it Blaine! I wanted to go, but the cold decided that rest was the best thing for me. Next time!