Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday Feast Feb. 24, 2006

Appetizer
Choose one: moving to another state, having triplets, or never being able to eat chocolate again.
Never being able to eat chocolate again. (I'm asuming we're trying to define things we'd never want to do.)
Soup
Name a news story that truly shocked you.
September 11. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and still feel an awful ache in the pit of my stomach when it's replayed. Another story I can't believe is all the chaos spawned by a stupid little cartoon. I have never bought into the US hysteria about Muslims, and have always thought of Islam as a peaceful religion (as it is suposed to be). All the violence and carnage in response to a cartoon makes me think otherwise. It's hard not to label people fanatics when they act like fanatics.
Salad
What was your very first job?
I waited tables at my Great Aunt Marg's cafe in Queen Charolotte City when I was 10, and painted the outside steps. I didn't so much wait tables as bring people drinks and small things and just generally be cute and 10.
Main Course
If you had the chance to read the diary of someone you're really close to, would you? Why or why not?
No. If it's someone I'm really close to I probably already know most of what would be contained in it anyway, and anything I don't know is either not my business or that someone isn't comfortable talking about it.
Dessert
What's something you're looking forward to?
I look forward to the day we've recovered from buying the house and have our debt paid down some. I look forward to the birth of my next niece (or nephew but I'm pretty sure it's niece). I look forward to traveling back home to see my family. I look forward to alot of things.... you have to look forward to move forward and if you're not moving forward you're either going sideways, standing still, or moving backwards.

No comments: