Friday, February 03, 2006

Halifax

My appointment with the doctor in Halifax was pretty much the same as always..... Skin looks like it's improving a bit, blood work is good, stay on this dose, here's some new prescriptions, see you in three months. Then down to the Hospital Pharmacy for a shopping back full of anti-rejection drugs that would cost about $3000 if I actually had to buy them.
I actually don't mind any of it at this point... it's been nearly 7 years of this so I'm pretty used to it, but I absolutely hate the Drive there and back.
I hate it because I have to drive in the dark either on the way there, on the return trip, or, depending on the test, both.
I never used to hate driving at night, in fact my buddies and I used to hop in the car in Courtenay , drive three hours to Victoria, Party until the clubs closed and head home, without even batting an eye. In BC However the roads are actually marked so that you can see them at night. There are little reflector cats eyes down the center line... Yellow ones for yellow lines and white ones for white lines, and they use reflective paint to paint the lines. You can light up half a block of highway with a flashlight... It's kind of like driving in a video game. So who the hell is in charge on this side of the Country? BC doesn't hold the patent on reflectors or reflective paint.
Honestly I'm not surprised there are so many accidents here, at night the road just disapears in places... and god help you if it's wet, or foggy. You drive by bloody feel half the time. If you're banging, and bumping, and thumping, and generally being thrown around and hitting huge holes... you know you're on the road. If it smoothes out.. panic.

1 comment:

Blaine Le Roy said...

They have snowplows in BC.