Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Not quite long enough

We had a great long weekend, but it wasn't long enough. We spent the majority of it doing yard work. More specifically shoveling and hauling dirt, then raking it out nice and even and seeding it with grass seed. We learned our lesson last time and ringed the entire area with sod to keep the edges from washing away in the rain. I'm not going to jinx it, but everything survived last night's thunder storm, so I'm hoping we did something right. Just as long as we don't get four straight days of rain like last time, we should be okay.

Saturday night we met up with Bertis and checked out opening night at the new Club Montreal. It is a much nicer place than the old one. The ceilings are higher so you don't feel like you're in a cave anymore. The new bar is above the liquor store on King Street, where we rehearsed Evita. Makes sense since the pool hall that was there never had anyone in it the entire two months we were rehearsing upstairs and we were starting to think it must be a front for something else... since no one ever went there.

We had the dirt moving and seeding all done on Sunday, and Monday was just a day to kick back and relax. All that shoveling and raking is damn hard work. I only managed to move 22 wheelbarrow loads on Saturday morning before I was completely wiped out and felt the world spin a couple times. That's when I switched to raking and let Darrell take over the shoveling job. He has a lot more stamina than I do and I'm not ashamed at all to admit that... I'm just a little guy after all. Not to say that the raking is much easier than the shoveling because it really isn't. I spent most of Sunday evening with my various muscle groups spasming from all the unaccustomed movement. Once or twice I thought I might cry, but it passed. Sunday night we watched Charlie and the Chocolate factory on the movie channel. I liked it... I wouldn't rush out and buy the DVD or even rent it for that matter, but as something on the movie channel it was a good waste of a couple hours.

Monday was a very slow and relaxed day. Nothing to stressful or strenuous. In fact I think the closest thing to physical labour I did that day was the dishes... but hey even God took a day off.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I don't know about that Blaine. The rats seems to like the pool hall. :-P I'd like to check out the new CM spot.