Monday, August 28, 2006

Awsome Weekend

The weekend was awsome. I went to the Blue Olive Friday night to see Kizzy sing with Opa. She looked and sounded great as always. She had a few new songs from the last time I heard her as well, which was great. I especially enjoyed Time after Time. Chad dropped by around midnight and after the band was finished we headed over to the Dolan Road Irving for a bite.

Saturday we had a corn boil with Bertis and the Bonds over at Brian and Helen's place. It wasn't your regulation corn boil where you drink until you can't see and eat only corn until you turn yellow. There was steak, salads, potatoes, deserts, and of course corn, lots and lots of corn. We had a fire and made some smores later on and it was a really great evening. Being Helen's first Canadian Corn Boil she was the only on of us to actually achieve the onjective of drinking until you can't see.

Sunday was a lazy day for me. I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to do much more than clean the kitchen a bit and do a little weeding in the flower boxes. Darrell worked on his truck trying to discover what is wrong with it. It quit on him coming back from a shoot in Amherst and he had to be towed all the way home from Moncton. Thankfully we have CAA.

The best part of the weekend though was the news that I am an uncle for the fourth time. My sister Amanda gave birth to a healthy baby boy (Which surprised us all because we thought for sure it would be a girl) on Saturday. He weighed in at 7lbs 11 ounces and his name is Seth Lee Loiselle. His older brother Cole got to spend five days with grandma because Amanda started having slight labour pains around Monday. She didn't go into the hospital until Friday, and Seth arrived Saturday morning. Needless to say everyone is a little worn out at the moment. I am expecting picture any moment (hint hint) since I know that Amanda and James had Mom's digital camera at the hospital with them. In the mean time here are pics of my other nephew and neices.

This is a Shot of Cole from Dec 2005 he is two in this one and will be turning three this September.



My neices are my Brother Lorne's Daughters. This is Brooke. The picture is From August 2005 (She was 3 about to turn 4).She will be Four this October.




This is Sydney also from August 2005, she had just turned 2 the month before, and just had her third Birthday last month.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congrats on becoming an uncle again! ^_^

I actually don't think I've ever been to an actual corn boil either! Sounds like a great time though. ^_^