Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Darrell's B Day

Yesterday was Darrell's actual birthday, even though we celebrated on Friday. He was in Halafax all day and didn't make it home until about 8 o'clock in the evening. Surprisingly I walked into the house about ten minutes before he did. I didn't get away from the office until just after 6, then had to stop at Home Hardware to pick up his present (A Bench Grinder). I popped home quickly to wrap it and then headed right back out the door to Dairy Queen for an ice cream cake. Since I hadn't eaten anything by that point I also got a double cheeseburger (I like Dairy Queen Burger way better than any of the other fast foodplaces with the exception of maybe Burger King). I got home and was just sittign down to my burger when Darrell pulled in. He hadn't eaten either so we hopped back in the truck and got another burger from Dairy Queen. In the place we used to live before buying the house that wouldn't have been possible, but now we live 10 minutes from everything.

I am hoping to get away from work and attend the launch of the new SJTC Capital Campaign this afternoon. I have a lot on my plate today and tend to lose trackof time when I get in the zone, so Hopefully I will remember to come up for air at noon and toddle down the street for the festivities.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hopefully I'll see you there! ^_^