Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Omen marathon

The sun actually showed itself near the end of the work day yesterday, so I took advantage of it by getting all my bulbs planted in pots on the deck. at least that way they can get started and when we have the two flowerboxes put together and filled with dirt they can be transplanted.

I made some headway on one of my projects and am in a more comfortable place with it's June 12th deadline looming. The final Voice Over will be done this morning so I can make decisions on timing and camera movement today.

Darrell and Mike worked late yesterday on a video that required the use of our new teleprompter. They would have gotten done alot sooner had it not been for a Harley constantly circling the Uptown and emerging on King Street every ten minutes. How do they get away with all that noise, it's enough to really piss a person off. If my car was that loud I'd get a ticket.. there's no excuse for it.

The movie network had an Omen marathon on for the 6th day of the 6th month of 2006. I watched the documentary and the first two movies (I remember them from when I was a kid, then popped a tape in the VCR to (Hopefully) record the last two, since I wasn't really up to staying up until 4am for the full marathon. I guess the "remake" of the original movie hit the theatre last night as well. I'm so sick of Hollywood... there's not one original thinking creative person left in the studio sweatshops. All that seems to be coming out are remakes of 70's movies and tv shows, and comic book movies. Granted I am a pretty big comic book fan so I happy to see my favorite characters hit the big screen with the special effects and computer graphics to really make them believable..... but where's the original movies? Did the entertainment industry break all the new ground there was to break in the 70's and 80's and now all that's left is to repackage the same old ideas? How many different ways can you remake Parenthood, or National Lampoons Vacation.... Switch Chevy Chase for Robin Williams...it's still Vacation.

No comments: