Wednesday, May 31, 2006

One down

With Crucible now finished and the party over, I am left with only two huge projects to take up the majority of my time. The show had a really good run and received very good reviews. I can honestly say I never missed a cue and actually had a flawless run for the first time ever. The cast party afterwards saw most of us make it through to breakfast the next day at Reggies (not somewhere I'd have breakfast again unless it was after partying all night long).

Monday was back to the grind, two huge animation projects one due beginning of June the other at the end of June and niether of them is remotely similar. I have a feeling I may be putting in some over time to get through them, but now that I don't have a show to worry about on top of all that I think I'll manage fine. We got fairly productive at home after work yesterday. Darrell managed to get all the 4x4s cut for our new flower boxes and I got most of them stained. Kent was having a clearance on all thier summer bulbs so I stocked up, but it's getting pretty late in the season for planting them hence the rush to get the boxes built and filled.

I met with Dr. Keeling, the dermatologist, to talk about light therapy and think I will go ahead and do it, but I want to hold off until the fall. Once I start I'll have to take pills that make me photosensitive an hour before recieving the light and wear glasses that block uva/uvb rays from sun up til down. I will also have to stay fairly covered up all the time and reduce exposure to the sun... meaning stay indoor as much as possible. I just can't see myself doing those things during the summer, it would be too uncomfortable, as well, the extra photosensitivity increases your risk of skin cancer... therefore I think doing it in late fall/winter would be better as I am already covered and indoors most of the time anyway and the UV index is lower. I've beat cancer twice in my short lifetime... I have no desire to go for a third round, so whatever I can do to minimize risk I will happily do.

No comments: