Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday

It has been a very long week so far, made longer by the stress of reformatting my computers. I finally got my animation computer back up and working, now the chore will be to get the editor done this weekend.

It has been really hot, which I totally love, unfortunately the aquarium inhabitants don't. We will have to tinfd a way to keep them cooler in the daytime if this weather persists, which I hope it does.

I've heard Facebook has been having some legal problems and lately it has been Down for Maintenance an awful lot, so I spent a little time yesterday backing up e-mail addresses etc from old firends I reconnected with through Facebook, just in case. I'd hate to one day go to sign on only to find out it's been shut down with no warning and then lose contact with those people again because of it.

This week we are puppy sitting for Darrell's business partner Mike, so there are four extra paws added to the eight already in residence. He's a fairly old dog, so he's not hard to keep up with, but he is a beagle so he has to on the leash outside at all times or he'll stick his nose to the ground and be gone in search of whatever scent he fancies.

I spent this morning shopping (not as fun as it sounds) for prices on art supplies. I need to come up with a cost for supplies for my painting course in the fall. The school likes to have all supplies etc included in the course fees so all parents have to do is drop the child off and everthing else is done. I hit the Dollar Store, Kent, Walmart (argh), and Michaels looking for prices on stuff. Michael's is not very competitive in their pricing, in fact I'm suprised they seel any of their paint with Walmart right next door selling the exact same brand for less. Their brush selection is head and shoulders above all others though, although it would be nice to find a brush set of just the basics. One set of midsized brushes that covers all the types... is that so much to ask for? They have plenty of different sets, but you'll find one set has almost everything except and anglebrush, and the next set will be missing the fan brush etc. There is not one set that just has everything a beginner would need without adding another brush.

This weekend it is supposed to rain all weekend so hopefully we will be able to get some work done downstairs. I found a tile I really like that could go on the back wall above the cabinet, and it's on sale....yay!

No comments: