Friday, July 13, 2007

Finally Friday

It's been a very long week of earlier than usual mornings. I'm good with getting up earlier, not a problem....getting up earlier and then heading into a room with 7 kids for three hours is a different story. All in all though it was a really good and productive summer camp. Even my guy with special needs got his project done and had a good time. I had one girl who didn't get finished, but not because she's slow by any means, just because she picked the longest piece and is such a good artist that she put a lot of detail into her work, and that takes more time. She'll be back for my regular class tonight so hopefully she has enough time to completely finish. If not maybe we can convince her to join our regular class full time. It's nice to be in an environment where kids are excited and eager to learn, I can't say I'm doing a teacher's job, because I'm not trying to teach people who have no interest in the subject and have to be there. I'm teaching people who are there on their own time and are interested in learning... it's a totally different scenario.

I changed up my workout schedule this week as well and have been really feeling it. For a while all I was doing was cardio, but now I'm back to the weights as well. I'm running for twenty minutes each day and then doing one muscle group a day. Back on Mondays, chest on Tuesdays, shoulders on Wednesdays, arms on Thursdays, legs on Fridays. Crunches everyday!!!!! It feels a lot more intense than upper body, cardio, lower body, cardio, full body, cardio. Now if I just get my diet completely nailed down I'll be golden.


Addition: I will have four classes in the fall at Atlantica, provided there is interest. We will be doing three month classes for - Beginner aged 7-12 (I believe), Beginner aged 12-17, Beginner Adult, and Intermediate all ages. It would be an hour a week for each course...wooo hooo. If you know a creative kid of adult who wants to come play tell them about it. It think it's only $50 a month for the three months, but don't quote me on that!!

No comments: