Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Surreal kind of Day

Okay the past 24 hours can only be called extraordinary... I couldn't make this stuff up. She did reply, and she is who I thought she was... she had to be, she looks so much like one of my aunts when she was younger it's spooky. As for anything else who knows really. I basically intruded on her life and she's probably feeling a little shellshocked. I told her a bit about me, and a bit about my aunt, and pointed her in the direction of some family photos in case she was curious and left it up to her. If she wants to know more I'll happily tell her anything I know, but now I step back and respect her privacy.

3 comments:

mare said...

oh my god, blaine, that's both extraordinary and bizarre. i hope everything works out.

Lisa said...

Wow! Ditto to what Mare said. Good for you leaving it in her hands though; I imagine she is feeling a bit like a bomb just dropped.

Blaine Le Roy said...

I think she probably is. I didn't really think when i sent that message, but I really intruded into her life with it. I can't imagine what it would feel like to come into work one day check the computer and see something like that greet you in your inbox. I was just so excited I didn't think before I approached.