Thursday, June 07, 2007

For the first time in 8 Years.

I was off work yesterday and up in Moncton for my quarterly appointment with my transplant Doctor. It is now 8 years since the BMT and he decided to take me off cyclosporin (one of my antirejections drugs.) This is the first time I've ever been off it since the day my transplant marrow took. It is a nasty drug that has done nasty things to my gums and raises my bloodpreasure, not to mention it is extremely expensive, so I am happy to put it in my past. I will have to moniter myself very closely and make sure the Graft vs Host disease doesn't come flairing back and my skin doesn't tighten up and get all thick again, but I'm optimistic that things will be fine. In fact I think this may be the year I leave all the drugs in the past (Well here's hoping).

I also stopped into Noble Aquariums, while in Moncton, and picked up my very first coral. There are actually two corals on the rock I got, one is a bright red mushroom coral, and the other is hard to describe... it looks like shimmery grass. The base is purple but the tendrils that come off it are sort of gold tipped and flicker in the light. It closed up on the drive home and I haven't seen it completely open yet because I had to leave for work before the daylights came on, but Darrell said it looks awsome.. so I can't wait to get home and have a look. I also got another feather duster and a brittle star. Terry (the owner) also took the two chocolatechip sea stars off my hands that we bought without researching first. He will, no doubt, find them very good homes.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hope it works out and you get to stay off them. ^_^

I'm looking forward to coming for a visit to see the tank. Don't forget - it's BBQ season! ~_^