Thursday, November 23, 2006

Welcome to the Jungle

I'm back to work today after taking yesterday off to recover from tuesday's Guns N Roses Concert. I'm not really a fan of the group, but Darrell is, and we got free tickets. It was a really really long night. The concert was good but Guns and Roses never even hit the stage until midnight. The first of three opening acts was called Die Maniquin and they may have a been good, I don't know for sure because the sound was so bad you couldn't hear a word she sang. The drummer was really good though and you could certainly hear him. Their stage show was stiff and contrived with no real spontanaity to it.

The second act I could have done without completely though I'm sure the rest of the guys in the audience would disagree. It was a burlesque act called Suicide Sisters. Five girls with pasties doing various strip teases.. blah blah blah.


The Trews were on Third and they gave a really good show. I didn't realize I knew so much of their music until I heard it. Then there was a huge long delay between them and the resetting of the stage for Guns n Roses.

When Guns N Roses finally hit the stage the crowd went insane and they really rocked. It was a good show, but I had a hard time getting past all the compression and effects on Axel Roses' Microphone. He sounded like you hear on the albums, but without all the studio tech etc it all sounded computerized, so now I'm curious as to whether or not he can actually sing. Considering that with modern technology in the studios most of today's "singers" are mediocre at best.

Don't get me wrong I was ultimately able to get past it with the help of several beers, and have a good enough time I had to take the next day off to recover.

No comments: