Thursday, November 09, 2006

Nothing going on

It's Thursday and that's about all that's going on. This cold is still hanging on no matter how I try to shake it. I haven't been to the gym this week, although I want to go... I just don't think the treadmill would be nearly as glamorous with my nose running faster than me. The dark circles under the eyes persists, but not as bad as last week. I actually had to put a little coverup on for a picture Darrell took of me last night to hide the dark eyes. I really don't like being confronted with pictures of myself anymore. All I can see when I look at them is the damage inflicted by graft vs host disease.. the tightness of the skin makes me look alot older than I am, and when I see it in a picture for some reason it's a lot more prominent than just seeing myself in the bathroom mirror. I see the dermatologist on Dec 5 to talk about starting light therapy. It is designed to break down the swelling under the skin that cuases the tightness and the choking off of the hair folicles. I may be too long gone for any of the hair to come back, but it would be nice to see some elasticity restored. I was supposed to have the treatment in the summer, but it involves drugs that make you light sensitive, and you have to stay covered up and try to avoid the sun... Summer is not the season for that.

In the mean time there's nto much going on. We're taking tomorrow off because of rememberance day on Saturday, and have no plans for the weekend so far. We may actually get around to turning al lthat planed wood into moulding for the bedroom.

No comments: